THE LAST YUGOSLAVIAN SOCCER TEAM 2000
Regie & scenario: Vuk Janic
Producent: Pieter van Huystee
* 1969 - 1972: GYMNASIUM 'Ognjen Prica' in Sarajevo.
* 1974 - 1978: Theatre Directing on the FACULTY OF DRAMA ART in Belgrade.
* 1981 - 1984: Writer of a few screenplays for series and programs for TV Sarajevo. And assistent- director at TV Sarajevo.
* 1984 - 1992: Fulltime director on TV Sarajevo. Programs: documentaries, comedy series, series for children, show programs, cultural programs, music programs, educational programs, sport programs. Some documentary films were realised in co-production with filmproducers. Numerous programs, especially documentaries, were shown in many European countries and on important TV and Filmfestivals, like the International TV festival Monte Carlo, Prix Italy, the Festival of Short and Documentary Film in Oberhausen.
* 1991 - 1993: Teacher of documentary-directing on the ACADEMY OF PERFORMING ARTS in Sarajevo.
* April 1992: Stopped working on TV Sarajevo because of strong disagreement with the basically nationalistic policy of the Bosnian Government and its influence on the ruling policy of TV Sarajevo under war conditions, which resulted in obvious nationalistic propaganda.
* 1993: Direction and screenplay of WAITING FOR PARCELS, documentary made under war conditions. A production of SAGA, independent production house in Sarajevo of filmmakers and authors.
* 1994: Amsterdam.
*1995/1996: Teaching with the teacher Ton Koole and the writer and filmmaker Antonije Zalica in the workshop 'Media and War' at the FACULTEIT KUNST, MEDIA en TECHNOLOGIE of the HOGESCHOOL VOOR DE KUNSTEN in Utrecht.
* 1996/1997: Postproduction and shooting, organised by 'MOSQUITO FILM' Amsterdam, of 'PSALM', a short movie which was shot mainly in Sarajevo in march 1992. With the support of the HUBERT BALS FUND it was finished in januari 1997.
* 1997: Concept, synopsis and research for a screenplay of a long feature about the 'adventurous cooperation, love and life' between a Dutch visual artist and an Iranian painter in asylum - based on a true story. The MICKERY FUND supports the research and the development of the storyline.
* 1998: Screenplay en direction of THUIS, a short fictionfilm for the RVU-program 'In Holland staat een huis ja ja...'
* 1999-2000: Synopsis, research, screenplay and direction of the documentary THE LAST YUGOSLAV FOOTBALLTEAM for PIETER VAN HUYSTEE FILM & TV AND NPS.
CHOICE OF MOVIES, TV PROGRAMS AND AWARDS:
1985: THE HUMAN FACTOR: TWO STORIES ABOUT IDEALISM. Documentary (16mm), 45 min., TV Sarajevo.
1986: VILLAGE IN THE FOG. Documentary (16mm), 32 min., TV Sarajevo. 'Armand Lanoux Prize' on the International TV Festival Monte Carlo, 1987. Shown on the Festival of Anthropologic and Etnographic Film in Paris, 1987.
1987: WHEN THE MILK IS BOILING OVER. Documentary (16mm), 25 min., TV Sarajevo. Shown in competition of the Festival of Yugoslav Television in Neum, 1987.
1988: LIVE TRANSPORT. Documentary (16/35mm), 29 min., co-production 'Forum' filmcompany and TV Sarajevo. 'Golden Medal for Filmmaking' on the Festival of Documentary and Short Film in Belgrade, 1988. 'The Best Documentary Program' in Yugoslavia on the Festival of Yugoslav Television in Neum, 1988. Official Represent of Eurovision on the Mondevision TV Festival in Montreal, 1988. Shown in competition of the Festival of Short and Documentary Film in Oberhausen, 1988. Represent of Yugoslav Television in the TV Festival 'Prix Italy' in Capri, 1988.
1989: MAN AND TIME: PETAR PEJCINOVIC. Documentary (16mm), 22 min., TV Sarajevo.
1989: CONCERT. Documentary Drama (16mm), 90 min., TV Sarajevo. The 'Author Prize' for Direction and Screenplay on the Festival of Yugoslav Television in Neum, 1990. Represent of Yugoslav Television on the TV Festival 'Prix Italy' (fiction category) in Palermo, 1990.
1991: HALDA - GARBAGE HILL. Documentary (16/35mm), 21 min., co-production 'Forum' filmcompany and TV Sarajevo. 'Prix Italy' - main prize for documentary on the TV Festival 'Prix Italy' in Pesaro, 1991. Special Prize for Camera on the Festival of Documentary and short Film in Belgrade, 1991. Shown in competition of the Festival of Documentary Film in Tempere (Finland), 1992, and in competition of the Strasbourg Filmfestival, 1992.
1993: WAITING FOR PARCELS. Documentary (video), 11 min., SAGA. Shown as part of the documentary film program made by Saga on many important film manifestations, like CANNES, BERLIN, NEW YORK, SAN FRANCISCO. Felix Prize for this program by the European Filmacademy.
1997: PSALM. Fiction (35mm), 18 min, 'Studio Production' Sarajevo - 'Mosquito Film' Amsterdam. The film had a world-premiere on the International Filmfestival Rotterdam 1997. The movie was shown on Dutch television by the RVU in december 1997. It was screened in the official competition of the festivals of 'Cinema Mediterrane (Montpellier), 'Corto Imola' (Imola), Clermond Ferrand, Tempere, Larissa, Calcutta and many others. Second Prize in the main program of Corto Imola. Second prize of the SHORTS festival in the Amsterdam, 1998.
THE LAST YUGOSLAVIAN FOOTBALL TEAM 1999 - 2000
Producer: Pieter van HuysteeTV
Broadcasted by the NPS.
BRIEVEN AAN GOD 2001
Het 1e Gebod, Gij zult geen andere goden voor mijn aangezicht hebben
Producer: Pieter van HuysteeTV
Scene Brieven aan God